Property interests (Section 7)
The EPA keeps a register of properties where it holds an environmental interest.
The Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 and the Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Regulations 2010 provide consumer protection for people purchasing property in South Australia. Sections 7 and 8 of this Act specify that a statement of government interests, one of which is the EPA, on the required form (Form 1 or 2), is to be provided by the vendor or their agent to a prospective purchaser prior to settlement of the land or small business.
Upon receiving an application, the Property Interests Team provides the EPA Statement which forms part of the Form 1 or 2 Contract for Sale. The EPA Statement answers 33 questions relating to information which the organisation holds in relation to the land including charges and/or encumbrances on the land, licences and exemptions both current and historical as well as various site contamination records. Relevant information can be obtained by checking the Public Register.
To order an EPA Statement submit your request in writing and include the current Certificate of Title reference details, along with a return postal or email address to:
Property Interests Team
Environment Protection Authority
GPO Box 2607
ADELAIDE SA 5001
- An EPA Statement can be ordered for a parcel of land, easement, right of way or road title.
- The EPA is unable to respond to cancelled certificates of title. All relevant information held by EPA recorded against cancelled titles is carried forward to the relevant current title.
- EPA Statements cost $22.70 per current certificate of title and can be paid by credit card upon ordering or an invoice can be emailed to you with your EPA Statement.
- If required please provide a purchase order or reference number when placing your order.
- The EPA has a statutory time frame of 8 clear business days to provide an EPA Statement.
- Requests for these statements are processed in the order of date of receipt.
- Information relating to particulars listed in your statement can be obtained from the public register.
Information Sheet: Section 7, Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 and the role of the EPA