The Environment Protection (Waste to Resources) Policy 2010 (W2R EPP) outlines specific considerations that the EPA must take into account (including when determining matters in relation to development applications or licence applications/renewals).
The EPA must consider:
- The waste management objective that requires application of the waste management hierarchy consistently with the principles of ecologically sustainable development
- Specified management plans for particular hazardous wastes:
- Hexachlorobenzene Waste Management Plan
- Organochlorine Pesticides Waste Management Plan
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls Waste Management Plan
- Specified guidelines for landfill depots, material recovery facilities, beverage container collection depots and transfer depots: