The Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 and the Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Regulations 2010 are set in place to provide consumer protection for people purchasing property in South Australia. Sections 7 and 8 of the Act specify that a statement of government interests, one of which is the Environment Protection Authority, - on the required form (Form 1 or 2) – is to be provided by the vendor or their agent to a prospective purchaser prior to settlement of the land or small business.
Upon receiving an application, the Section 7 team produces and provides the EPA Statement which forms part of the Form 1 or 2 Contract for Sale. The EPA Statement answers 37 questions relating to information which the organisation may hold in relation to the land. Relevant information can be acquired by contacting the EPA Public Register. The questions include charges and or encumbrances on the land, licences and exemptions both current and historical as well as various site contamination records.
To order an EPA Statement simply provide your request in writing and include the current certificate of title reference details, along with a return postal and email address.
Enquiries can be sent by:
- Post to:
Section 7, Environment Protection Authority
GPO Box 2607, ADELAIDE SA 5001
- An EPA Statement can be ordered for a parcel of land, easement, right of way or road title.
- The EPA is unable to respond to cancelled certificates of title. All relevant information held by EPA recorded against cancelled titles is carried forward to the relevant current title.
- EPA Statements cost $17.90 per current certificate of title and can be paid by credit card upon ordering or an invoice can be emailed to you with your EPA Statement.
- If required please provide a purchase order or reference number when placing your order.
- The EPA has a statutory time frame of 8 clear business days to provide an EPA Statement.
- Requests for these statements are processed in the order of date of receipt.
- All EPA Statements and invoices are emailed upon completion.
- Copies of documents listed in the result of your search can be obtained by contacting EPA public register.
For further information please contact:
Tel: (08) 8204 2026
Freecall (country): 1800 623 445