Site contamination generally arises from activities that have left substances in the soil or groundwater of a site that may harm the environment or human health.
Before purchasing a property you should check what activities have previously occurred at the site in case they have contaminated it.
If you're uncertain about the property and whether it is suitable for the use that you intend, the EPA can supply information and guidance: contact us.
- Site contamination
- What is site contamination?
- Site contamination and the Environment Protection Act 1993
- Assessment and remediation of site contamination
- Site contamination audit system
- Auditor register
- Site contamination groundwater index (public register)